What you’ll need: Chicken Breast Boneless (500 gram), Safed Korma paste (100 gram), Oil (3 tbsp), Milk (1/4 Cup/ 60 ml)(this can be substituted with a similar volume of Amul fresh cream for a thicker and creamier curry), Water (2/3 cup/ 160 ml), Kasuri Methi to garnish (optional), a pinch of sugar to add sweetness
- Get a high walled pan and heat it for a minute before adding oil.
- Add 3 tbsp of oil to the pan and once it is sufficiently hot (generally around the 2 and half minute mark) add the chicken to it.
- Sauté the chicken on medium flame till it is completely white and shows no pink.
- Add the korma paste and toss the chicken till it is distributed evenly.
- After a minute tossing the chicken with the paste add the mix of water and milk OR add cream followed by water.
- Give it a good whirl to make sure that paste gets mixed evenly with the liquid. Turn down the flame, cover and let it cook for around 15 minutes.
- Around the 12 minute mark in the cooking process add the sugar and little bit of crushed Kasuri Methi (the Kasuri Methi is completely optional and can be skipped).
- Switch off the stove and let the curry rest for two minutes.
- That’s it! While the Safed Korma can be enjoyed with just about anything we recommend serving it with Biryani.